Friday, January 15, 2016

Capsule Wardrobe Italy 2014, #4


Here's the second pair of pants, made from Marcy Tilton's gray ponte.  I used the same fabric for the collar of the jacket you saw earlier in CW #1.  I highly recommend the pattern, V 8925.  It has all the features I look for -- slim lines, a little design interest (unusual seaming, in this case), and a pull-on waist.  There's a little bit of pilling, but I can live with it, using a little scissors, or a specially made pill remover.

The blouse is a light-weight silk from emmaonesock.com.  The pattern is S 2892, which I have made so many times I have to call it a TNT (Tried N' True).   I love silk--it "breathes" -- which means it's comfortable -- and you can pack five or six silk pieces in place of one cotton piece.  Remember, every ounce and every inch count when you are packing for a month or longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment