Monday, March 14, 2016

Another Vogue 8636 in a Silk/cotton Knit


Here's another great fabric from emmaonesock.com.  It's a silk/cotton/lycra mix and behaved beautifully on my 2015 trip to Italy. You can read about it by putting the fabric number (47292) in the search box on the fabric web-site.  

I used Vogue 8636 again, adding black jet beads to hold the tucks down.  When it came time to finish the edges with the twin-needle hem, I made certain to get a new very fine point needle.  This fabric is surprisingly warm for being so lightweight.  

I wash it by hand, because of the fiber content and the beading.  "Washability" is another factor I consider when choosing what goes into the suitcase, as everything gets worn three or four times.  This top is another that goes with the jacket in my original Capsule Wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment