Monday, March 7, 2016

How I buy patterns


Here's another top made from Vogue 8636, a Marcy Tilton design.  I like that the neckline can be "snugged up" with the tucks.  I generally cut a size 10 at the shoulder and neck, and then grade up to a 14-16 at the hips, to fit my "petite-pear" body type.  I also cut it a bit longer than the pattern calls for and wear it more like a tunic, generally under a "boyfriend" style cashmere sweater.

Unfortunately the pattern is now OOP (out of print), but you can still buy it here (at a hefty price!) or from Amazon, at a somewhat lesser price.  I try to buy patterns when they first come out, watching for the periodic sales at Joann's or through Club BMV.

The fabric is another wonderful cotton knit from Italy, sold by emmaonesock.com.  Good cotton knits are hard to come by these days, so when I see a piece in one of my color families, I snatch it up. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and it's nice to meet you!. I love this top and I have that pattern and have used that neckline techniques several times.It's a great way to add a little interest and to "snug up" the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the name of your blog is very funny and insightful. Especially always having sewing on your mind. I have enjoyed your capsule series too. It is interesting to see how others put outfits together. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kate! I'm looking forward to your SWAP reveal!

      Delete