Sunday, May 29, 2016

How I Plan a Seasonal Wardrobe #1

First I look at what's in my closet already.

Here I am at the Los Angeles Music Center, where I recently attended a wonderful performance of one of my favorite operas, "La Boheme."  I had made this jacket and pants last year with silk fabrics purchased at a local store.   The pattern for the jacket is S2284, which I like because of the princess style seams, allowing for lots of fitting.  The pants pattern is some version of a sloper that I keep tweaking.

Next let me show you a close-up of the fabric, which I love for all the options for accessories.  On that day I chose to go with an aubergine RTW knit top and necklace of (fake, I'm afraid, but that's another story) Murano glass, which I also made.  There are rust and coral threads, even teal, in there as well.




The lining is stretch silk charmeuse (#41033) from emmaonesock.  It has a lovely luxurious weight and comes in 96 colors.  You can ask for a swatch for color matching, or you can order the color chart and see all 96 colors for yourself. 





3 comments:

  1. La bohème is one of my absolute favourite operas! I know it's not high-level opera and the performances are for tourists, but I have seen it performed a couple of times at the English church (St. Mark's - I'm sure you've seen the posters for the performances...I think the group has a site called concertoclassico.info) in via Maggio and enjoyed it. It's just so lovely.

    I used to think that I would not like to wear a LFJ but I was completely wrong. I bought one and I love it, so now I need to learn to make one. Yours is perfect and I love the way you've styled it (great shoes, too). Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have attended St. Mark's opera evenings many times. This year I will be just down the street, so am looking forward to several performances.

    ReplyDelete