Tuesday, May 31, 2016

How I Plan a Seasonal Wardrobe #2

Here are some more pieces in my wardrobe already:



The leather jacket is one I bought a couple of seasons ago in Florence, Italy.  I have worn it with the ivory silk pants shown in the previous post, but it deserves some other partners.

The second jacket is one I made for the American Sewing Guild Jacket Challenge in 2014.  The fabric is am Italian animal print laminated linen from emmaonesock, and I think the pattern was a McCalls, but I didn't make a note of it at the time.  It does have princess lines, which I like for the fitting opportunities.  I did a Hong Kong finish on the seams (purchased bias binding), as it does not have a lining.

Just as my fall/winter basic color scheme is black and gray, my spring/summer basic color scheme is brown and beige.  Jackets are the base of my wardrobe, because here in Southern California we have "May gray" and "June gloom" to contend with, weather-wise. So, while the calendar may say Spring, the thermometer says that every outfit must have a layering piece.

So, how do you organize your seasonal wardrobe?  How do you start?

No comments:

Post a Comment