Sunday, June 12, 2016

How I Plan a Seasonal Wardrobe #3


This was a real workhorse outfit during the last late winter/early  spring season.  The fabric is from emmaonesock (#40900), a poly/cotton/elastane combo that promises to wear quite well.  I had actually made the pants in 2015, using Vogue 8929, which I love for the pockets in the front.  I wore them with the Italian animal print laminated linen (which I blogged about 5/31/16) at the American Sewing Guild 2015 National Conference Fashion Show.

The jacket pattern is Butterick 6258, with some changes.  I shortened it to mid-thigh length, a style I first saw in the shop windows in Florence in the fall of 2014.  I widened the band which forms a collar of sorts and continues down the front, as the proportions looked better.  And I added pockets, well, because a girl just can't have too many pockets.  I'm going to use this pattern again, as it went together very quickly and has been a pleasure to wear.

I made this top from a TNT pattern, Vogue 8636, in a cotton jersey from Mood Fabrics.  It's superb quality and still available--#305972.  Good quality cotton jersey is increasingly hard to find, so if the colors fit into your wardrobe, I highly recommend getting some.  What has been your "workhorse" outfit this spring?


1 comment:

  1. You obviously are an expert when it comes to fit. I can only dream. :) Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete