Monday, July 11, 2016

Planning My Summer Wardrobe

I really don't like summer.  Being a redhead, I have to stay out of the sun.  That said, I still have to go places and do things.  Mostly what I do these days is to drive about an hour north to visit my nearly 98-year old mother.  It seems like the average daily temperature there is somewhere between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit.  My wardrobe has been chosen in light colors with the car windows in mind:

Above you see a collection of pants, the one on the left being "me-made," and on the right "store-bought."  Two on the left are self-drafted palazzo-style, and the other two are Marcy Tilton's Vogue 8859.  I love the pleats at the knee, and have made this pattern many times.  I long ago gave up the seam in the back, as matching that with the pleats gave me too much grief. 

Here's a collection of tops.  I almost always wear a sleeveless tank with a top over it, as I like to have my arms covered, at least to below the elbow.  The only topper I made is the one front and center.  I'm not recommending the pattern, which is why I haven't named it.  It's a peasant-style blouse, and there are many such patterns out there as it has been a popular style for some time. 

Usually my tank tops are in a medium dark color, as I want to have some reference to my own coloring (light skin, medium dark hair and eyes). 

Clearly, I need more light-colored tops.  I really don't care much for the peasant-style top, so the next few will open down the front.  And maybe I should branch out and get more color--this collection looks pretty drab to me.

Do you ever line up your clothes like this, so you can see a whole "collection?" 

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, These all look classic and elegant. I had never seen the knee pleats before - neat.

    I like colour but truthfully if I line up my clothes, especially my coats, I mostly see blue!

    ReplyDelete